TV News LIES

Monday, May 18th

Last update07:39:49 AM GMT

You are here All News At a Glance War Glance

Trump threatens to 'obliterate' Iran's power plants as Iran strikes 2 Israeli cities

Arad, Israel hitAfter warning of retaliatory attacks on U.S. and Israeli infrastructure, Iran on Saturday night launched missiles at two southern Israeli cities that lie close to the country's main nuclear research center.

The Israeli military said about 180 people had been injured, some severely. Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu called it "a very difficult evening" for the country, in a post on X.

Also overnight, President Trump gave Iran 48 hours to reopen a crucial waterway, the Strait of Hormuz, saying if Tehran fails to do so, "America will hit and obliterate their various POWER PLANTS, STARTING WITH THE BIGGEST ONE FIRST!" Roughly a fifth of the world's oil transited through the strait last year — and Iran's willingness to attack the transport vessels has virtually halted traffic.

The president has vacillated in recent days between saying the war is "winding down," while also deciding to stage new U.S. ground forces near the region and continuing to strike Iranian targets.

More...

Refineries hit in Kuwait, Haifa; Israel assassinates two Iranian military officials; Al-Aqsa closed for Eid prayers for the first time since 1967

War in IranIsrael bombs targets east of Tehran. IRGC officials assassinated by Israel. Netanyahu says Israel will “hold off” on further attacks on Iran’s energy facilities. Kuwait refinery hit for the second time.

Israel bombs Syria. Drone strike on Haifa oil refinery in Israel. IRGC claims it hit F-35 over central Iran. U.S. fast-tracks $16.5B in arms sales to Gulf allies amid Iran strikes.

3,200 vessels stranded west of Strait of Hormuz. Lebanon signals readiness for immediate talks with Israel.

Al-Aqsa mosque closed for Eid. U.S. proposal calls for full Hamas disarmament in Gaza.

Senate panel advances nomination of Sen. Markwayne Mullin to lead DHS. Tulsi Gabbard says American and Israeli war aims in Iran diverge.

Israel bombs targets east of Tehran: The Israeli military said on Friday it has begun striking targets east of Tehran. Late on Thursday, the Israeli military said it had carried out over 130 strikes on targets in western and central Iran over the previous day.

More...

Iran hits Dimona, Israel in fifth overnight barrage, 20 wounded as building collapses

DimonaA building in the southern Israeli city of Dimona collapsed on Saturday after it was struck by falling interception debris from an earlier Iranian ballistic missile attack, Israel's Fire and Rescue Services confirmed, as emergency crews fanned out across at least 12 separate sites in the city to search for casualties.

Twenty people sustained light injuries across Dimona from the impact, according to preliminary reports. Israeli Channel 12 News reported that a cluster munition missile and a separate ballistic missile struck the area, though it remained unclear whether the building collapse resulted from a direct hit or from fragments of intercepted projectiles.

Fire and rescue teams were sweeping the affected zones as reports continued to develop, with the situation described as ongoing.

More...

Israel's Haifa refinery confirms damage to 'essential' infrastructure

Haifa refinery hitIsrael's largest refinery, Haifa, has confirmed it was affected by an Iranian missile strike that hit infrastructure "essential to its operations" on March 20, and is in the process of restoring production.

A statement from Bazan Group, which operates the 197,000 barrels/day Haifa refinery, said the facility was damaged by an attack on March 19, which hit its electricity infrastructure and an area near one of its administrative buildings.

Additionally, "essential" equipment located outside the complex and owned by a third-party operator was taken offline, it said, without providing further details on the infrastructure hit.

The external damage was discovered overnight after attacks across northern Israel, the Bazan statement said, adding that returning the equipment to normal operations could take "a few days".

More...

Switzerland halts arms exports to US over Iran war, citing neutrality

 Ursula von der Leyen and Swiss President Guy Parmelin iSwitzerland has moved to suspend new approvals for arms exports to the United States amid the ongoing US-Israeli war on Iran, citing its long-standing policy of neutrality and legal restrictions under domestic export controls.

In a statement on Friday, the Swiss government said "exports of war materiel to the US cannot currently be authorised", pointing to Washington’s involvement in an "international armed conflict" in the Middle East.

It added that "the export of war materiel to countries involved in the international armed conflict with Iran cannot be authorised for the duration of the conflict".

The decision formalises a position already in practice. Swiss authorities noted that since the beginning of the war on 28 February, "no new licences have been issued for exports of war materiel to the US".

The measure applies specifically to new orders for arms and ammunition, effectively pausing fresh approvals while the conflict continues.

More...

Trump says US had 'no idea' Israel would attack Pars gas field in Iran

Israel bombs gas field in iranUS President Donald Trump on Thursday America had 'no idea' of Israel's attack on facilities linked to Iran's oil industry in South Pars and Asaluyeh, warning of severe military consequences if Tehran launches more attacks on  Qatar's energy infrastructure, as tensions across the Gulf escalated following strikes on major liquefied natural gas facilities.

In a post on Truth Social, Trump said, “Israel, out of anger for what has taken place in the Middle East, has violently lashed out at a major facility known as South Pars Gas Field in Iran. A relatively small section of the whole has been hit."

On Wednesday, facilities linked to Iran’s oil industry in South Pars and Asaluyeh came under attack, according to the semi-official Tasnim news agency.

"The United States knew nothing about this particular attack, and the country of Qatar was in no way, shape, or form, involved with it, nor did it have any idea that it was going to happen," Trump said, adding that Israel will "NO MORE" target Iran’s South Pars gas field unless Tehran “unwisely decides to attack a very innocent, in this case, Qatar”.

In such a scenario, the United States, “with or without the help or consent of Israel, will massively blow up the entirety of the South Pars Gas Field at an amount of strength and power that Iran has never seen or witnessed before”, Trump wrote on Truth Social.

More...

Satellite images show the USS Tripoli taking Marines to Iran

Tripoli carrying marines to IranAt least one U.S. Navy warship carrying more than 2,000 Marines is on its way to the Middle East, signaling an additional military buildup in the area and fueling speculation about American ground forces being deployed in Iran.
Satellite images showed the USS Tripoli (LHA 7), an America-class amphibious assault ship, and two escort ships were traveling southwest across the South China Sea on March 15. The warship was spotted near Singapore a day later.
The Tripoli is carrying personnel from the 31st Marine Expeditionary Unit, or MEU, a rapid-response force of about 2,200 Marines and Navy sailors based in Okinawa, Japan. The MEU contains ground and aerial combat units.
A number of news sources reported the deployment, citing unidentified U.S. officials. It's unclear whether the Tripoli's two escort ships will continue to the Middle East.

The Pentagon hasn’t officially said how many U.S. service members are part of the Iran war. News reports put the number at 40,000 to 50,000.

Page 10 of 129

 
America's # 1 Enemy
Tee Shirt
& Help Support TvNewsLIES.org!
TVNL Tee Shirt
 
TVNL TOTE BAG
Conserve our Planet
& Help Support TvNewsLIES.org!
 
Get your 9/11 & Media
Deception Dollars
& Help Support TvNewsLIES.org!
 
The Loaded Deck
The First & the Best!
The Media & Bush Admin Exposed!