Despite international outcry over escalating violence, the U.S. mainstream media continues to privilege a prepackaged narrative in which Israel's actions are never disproportionate, never counterproductive and certainly never gratuitous. According to the mainstream media, the U.S. must continue uncompromisingly supporting Israel because the allegedly beleaguered democracy is held hostage by monomaniacal Islamofascists who are inherently evil. Promoting a paradigm in which Israel is always David up against Goliath, the U.S. media presents suffering Palestinians as expendable for the greater cause of Israel winning its epic struggle. To justify U.S.'s carte blanche to Israel, the mainstream media restricts American readers to an echo chamber in which the following claims are repeated ad nausem until they are mistaken for fact:
A $70m lawsuit filed by Dan Rather, the veteran former newsreader for CBS Evening News, against his old network is reopening the debate over alleged favourable treatment that Bush received when he served in the Texas Air National Guard during the Vietnam war. Bush had hoped that this controversy had been dealt with once and for all during the 2004 election.
- Over One Million Iraqi Deaths Caused by US Occupation
- Security and Prosperity Partnership: Militarized NAFTA
- InfraGard: The FBI Deputizes Business
- ILEA: Is the US Restarting Dirty Wars in Latin America?
- Seizing War Protesters’ Assets
- The Homegrown Terrorism Prevention Act
- Guest Workers Inc.: Fraud and Human Trafficking
- Executive Orders Can Be Changed Secretly
- Iraq and Afghanistan Vets Testify
- APA Complicit in CIA Torture
- El Salvador’s Water Privatization and the Global War on Terror
- Bush Profiteers Collect Billions From No Child Left Behind
- Tracking Billions of Dollars Lost in Iraq
- Mainstreaming Nuclear Waste
- Worldwide Slavery
- Annual Survey on Trade Union Rights
- UN’s Empty Declaration of Indigenous Rights
- Cruelty and Death in Juvenile Detention Centers
- Indigenous Herders and Small Farmers Fight Livestock Extinction
- Marijuana Arrests Set New Record
- NATO Considers “First Strike” Nuclear Option
- CARE Rejects US Food Aid
- FDA Complicit in Pushing Pharmaceutical Drugs
- Japan Questions 9/11 and the Global War on Terror
- Bush’s Real Problem with Eliot Spitzer
t seems that the days of using YouTube as #1 media to distribute documentaries, videos and presentations about the truth of Israel and Zionist and their horrific war-crimes history and terrorism profile, has come to END.
Yesterday, it was announced that YouTube officially connected to the infamous ADL as partner to "Fight Against Hate."
YouTube has reached out to the Anti-Defamation League (ADL) for its expertise in dealing with hate on the Internet. In one outgrowth of that partnership, the League is now a contributor to YouTube's newly launched Abuse & Safety Center, where users are empowered to identify and confront hate, and to report abuses.
A new law working its way toward passage in Germany has journalists worried. Certain provisions, they say, could eliminate the ability for reporters to protect their sources. Still, the measure is likely to go into effect early next year.
It has been called the "Big Brother" law in the German media due to its provisions allowing online and telephone surveillance. The Interior Ministry in Berlin describes it as a necessary step to protect the country from the dangers of international terrorism.
Page 80 of 97