After five years of war in Iraq, Marine suicides doubled between 2006 and 2007, and Army suicides are at the highest level since records were first kept in 1980. Reported suicide attempts jumped 500 percent between 2002 and 2007
The patients at Dr. Michael Mithoefer's clinic in South Carolina all suffer from post-traumatic stress disorder. Some are the victims of rape and child sexual abuse, others -- veterans returning home from Iraq -- bear the psychic scars of war.
They have tried other therapies before but here, under the watchful eye of Mithoefer and his staff, they're trying something new -- MDMA, better known as ecstasy, a drug that if bought on a street corner would land these patients in jail.
Militants attacking a compound in Afghanistan's east killed a U.S. soldier on Thursday, making 2008 the deadliest year yet for American forces in the country that sheltered al-Qaida while the terror group plotted the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks.
Thursday's death brings to 112 the number of troops who have died in Afghanistan this year, surpassing last year's record toll of 111.
The outgoing commander of US troops in Iraq, Gen David Petraeus, has said that he will never declare victory there.
In a BBC interview, Gen Petraeus said that recent security gains were "not irreversible" and that the US still faced a "long struggle".
TVNL Comment: Has anyone defined 'victory' in Iraq? Is it when we've depleted the country of all its oil, or when there are no more billion dollar contracts to distribute? Another hundred years? Probably...
- Why didn't jets intercept the airliners since they had numerous warnings of terrorist attacks?
- Why did Ashcroft stop flying commercial airlines, citing an unidentified "threat" in July 2001?
- Why did FEMA lie about their presence in New York on 9/11?
- Why didn't the Secret Service hustle Dubya out of the classroom?
- Why did George H.W. Bush meet bin Laden's brother on 9/11?
- Why did passengers or crew members on three of the flights all use the term boxcutters?
- Where are the flight recorders?
- Why were the FISA warrants discontinued?
- How did Bush see the first plane crash on live camera?
- Why was security meeting scheduled for 9/11 cancelled by WTC management on 9/10?
- How did they come up with the "culprits" so quickly?
- How did they find the terrorist's cars at the airports so quickly?
- Why did Shrub dissolve the Bin Laden Task Force?
- Why the strange pattern of debris from Flight 93?
- How extensive was the relationship between the Taliban, the ISI and the CIA?
- What exactly was the role of Henry Kissinger at UNOCAL?
- When was it decided to cancel building a pipeline from Turkmenistan through Afghanistan to Pakistan?
- Why did the FBI in 1996 close the files to investigate Osama bin Laden's relatives in Washington?
- Why did .Bush stop inquiries into terrorist connections of the Bin Laden family in early 2001?
- Who made the decision to have John O'Neill stop investigating Al-qeada accounts?
President Bush secretly approved orders in July that for the first time allow American Special Operations forces to carry out ground assaults inside Pakistan without the prior approval of the Pakistani government, according to senior American officials.
TVNL Comment: And the American people are concerned about who said what about pigs with lipstick. We deserve what we get.
Jewish settlers in the occupied West Bank have annexed tens of thousands of acres of land, some of it privately owned by Palestinians, an Israeli human rights group said on Thursday.
A report issued by Israel's B'Tselem human rights organization said some settlements had grabbed land up to two and a half times greater than their own designated area either by fencing it off or by intimidation.
The most dominant country behind the agenda of Codex is the United States whose sole purpose is to benefit multinational interests like Big Pharma, Big Agribusiness, Big Chema and the like. At the latest meeting in Geneva, the U.S. recently became the chair of Codex which will facilitate an exacerbation of the distortion of health freedom and will continue the promulgation of misinformation and lies about genetically modified organism (GMOs) and nutrients while fulfilling the tacit population control agenda. The reason the U.S. continues to dominate Codex is because other countries falsely believe the U.S. possesses the latest and greatest safety technology when it comes to food and hence, whatever the U.S. asks for, its allies (E.U., Argentina, Brazil, Canada, Mexico, Australia, Malaysia, Indonesia, Japan, Singapore) follow suit nearly every time.
Seven years after the Sept. 11 attacks, there is no consensus outside the United States that Islamist militants from al Qaeda were responsible, according to an international poll published Wednesday.
The survey of 16,063 people in 17 nations found majorities in only nine countries believe al Qaeda was behind the attacks on New York and Washington that killed about 3,000 people in 2001.
Page 928 of 998