There are some people who can win any argument or debate, no matter whether they are right or wrong. Lawyers, for example, make really nice livings convincing juries that the most obviously guilty criminals are innocent. So goes the modus operandi of the 9/11 truth de-bunkers out there: wrong or not, they are always right. Or at least, like the lawyers, they appear to be right.
First off, let me correct myself and apologize for the inaccurate title of this article. I used the phrase "9/11 conspiracy theory" in order to speak in terms most people understand. In reality, I am referring to the truth about 9/11, rather than any so-called "conspiracy theory. " In other words, I am referring to the thousands of undisputed, officially endorsed but disturbing pieces of information related to the attacks of 9/11, that, when actually examined, chronicle a far different story than the one told to us by our government and their reality manipulators known as the establishment media.
As I have clarified in previous articles, these disturbing facts and details are not in dispute; they are, however, not known by the majority of people. Thank you establishment media, for a job well done.
That said, let me clearly explain why the opinions and claims of people who argue in support of the official story, whom I like to call "myth huggers," and who try to shoot down (no pun intended), explain away or outright deny the many disturbing questions that remain about 9/11, can NOT be regarded as valid in any way, shape of form.
Before I detail the invalid arguments and deceptive techniques of the myth huggers, I have to point out three important fundamental problems that these people have before they even begin to make their claims:
- They start with the assumption that the official story is absolutely true. Interestingly enough, I started from this place, too. So, having been a myth hugger at one time, I know what I am talking about.. Hindsight is 20/20, so I am able to see the errors I made in the past. But, in order to formulate an opinion about 9/11, one has to look at things objectively. You have to be impartial - and that is the crux of the problem. It is very emotionally difficult to entertain the possibility that the people who you thought were on your team may be the enemy. Nonetheless, starting off with an absolute belief in one explanation makes it impossible to fairly or even accurately evaluate evidence. If myth huggers were subject to jury selection, they would be dismissed for being biased at the start and therefore incapable of making fair judgments about evidence and testimony. And that, in a nutshell, describes the audience to whom 9/11 truthers have to to make their case.
- Myth huggers naively believe that people in an American government do not lie and would not do horrible things to "their own people." In fact, any one who actually believes that Dick Cheney, Donald Rumsfeld, Paul Wolfowitz, Richard Perle, or any of their neocon cohorts would lose a minute of sleep or shed a single tear over the deaths of a bunch of liberal New Yorkers, he or she is clearly living in another reality!!! The victims of the 9/11 attacks cleared the path for trillions of dollars in profit for these men and their partners in the military industrial complex. Myth huggers close their eyes to the reality that power brokers are ruthless men who view us all as pawns. They would just as soon blow us up in a building as they would sacrifice our lives by sending us to fight in a war to accomplish their goals.
- Myth huggers and the people who listen to them really believe that this nation has a real television journalism industry. There are real journalists are out here, but we are not allowed to appear on TV, not even in the so-called liberal media. Don't believe me...just ask Mike Malloy, who was pretty much booted from that old 'liberal' radio network, Air America. for speaking the truth about topics that are not permitted to be aired or even acknowledged as reality.
There are several approaches taken by the official 9/11 story myth huggers. Each of these approaches alone serves to totally discredit their positions. But more often than not, several of these invalid approaches are applied at the same time. In other words, the arguments, explanations, answers, retorts and rants of myth huggers often suffer from a variety of traits that nullify their claims.. Let me point these traits out so that you don't let them distract you from the facts.
Reasons to disregard the 9/11 conspiracy "debunkers:"
- Reason 1: Magic. Making up excuses. - If it were not so serious, it would be down right comical to listen to people explain away disturbing 9/11 anomalies and suspicious facts using excuses and explanation that are not even claimed by the official 9/11 story tellers : the Bush administration and related individuals. Imagine, if you will, a defense attorney presenting an alibi for an accused criminal, where the criminal himself not only did not claim the alibi as his own, but directly contradicted it. This is the prime technique of the 9/11 myth hugging community. Time and time again I hear or read excuses and explanations for the thousands of suspicious elements of the 9/11 narrative that contradict directly, positions, statements, actions, responses or testimony given by the very people for whom the excuses are being provided. Talk about the ultimate in conspiracy theories...just come up with an idea and apply as reality! That is the primary weapon of choice in the 9/11 myth huggers arsenal.
- Reason 2: Debunked Debunk Evidence. - This is where 9/11 myth huggers use an article or publication to support their position. However, what they do not acknowledge is the fact that those publications are often quickly debunked thoroughly by the 9/11 truth experts. The two most famous examples of this are the notorious Popular Science article that came out several years ago, only to be virtually shredded within hours of publication. And, of course, there is the inane 9/11 Commission Report, which received one of the most thorough spankings in the history of the written word by David Ray Griffin. When articles and publications are put forth, the authors NEVER EVER EVER face their critics in an open forum. They can't, because they will lose. They use the power of the establishment media to assign public approval to their work and the valid debunking of their work remains alive only in the reality based world beyond the scope of your television sets. Interestingly enough, you never see 9/11 truth authors evading debates and public discourse even though the establishment media tries to ignore their existence. Major newspapers, such as the NY Times refuse to even look at the well- researched books and articles written about the truth about 9/11 by highly respected authors.
- Reason 3: 10,000 - 1 = 0. Bad Math. Unfortunately, many people truly have convinced themselves that if they can come up with a reasonable explanation for a few of the disturbing aspects of the 9/11 narrative, that cancels out the thousands of remaining questions for which they have no explanation. This is a really common problem on web forums. When I wrote my recent article entitled "You Only Believe the Official 9/11 Story Because You Don't Know the Official 9/11 Story" I included several important questions about the event. That article was discussed across the Internet. If you poke around some of the forums on which this article was discussed, you will find this particular math is used on most of them. I can not believe how many people fall for that illogical ploy. OK, so you think you can explain a few of the many disturbing questions...so...what about the rest? Do the math, people, it does add up...that is why I am still writing about 9/11 10 years after the fact. If there are still unanswered questions, we do NOT have the complete truth. Logic 101.
- Reason 4: The Hit and Run Away - This is where people retort, publish articles, chime and and parrot the official narrative, and then never ever ever face the 9/11 truth experts in public. I have spoken at a dozen or so 9/11 events over the years and I have never once seen any myth hugger, official or otherwise, attempt to set the record straight even though many were explicitly invited to many of those events. The establishment media also seems to lose their invitations to all of the 9/11 truth events and press conferences. You can pretty much explain this phenomenon by referring to reason 3 above. The Popular Science authors can not face the Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth, for example, because they would get slaughtered in a discussion of facts and accuracy, especially if 1500 architects and engineers were to show up to prove them wrong with REAL science. These people hide and never personally defend their claims. By the way, where are the Architects and Engineers for the 9/11 Official Story? I don't see any experts massing to support the official claims. Why do you think that is so? You know why. The 9/11 truth community, myself specifically, have begged for public discourse. I would love to go into hostile territory with a team of experts and discuss 9/11 with the myth huggers...the offer is still open from me as it is from thousands of 9/11 truthers, many far better versed in the details than I. We are not hiding, they are.
- Reason 5: I Don't Like Your Sources But I'll Provide None. When I publish articles I use many hotlinks as references. Some of those hotlinks link to to other websites that have researched and sourced a point or fact, so instead of putting 20 footnotes on my articles I may put a single link that can be followed and validated. I do a fairly thorough job of vetting my reference. I may refer to a website however, that a reader may not like or may consider, for reasons that are usually not supported, controversial. So.. myth huggers sometimes use this as justification to discredit an entire article. However, they never directly debate the points or facts and they provide no reference to support their allegation, official or otherwise (with the exception of sometimes using debunked references as in Reason 2 above). They become the authority on accuracy. I may reference the fact that the United States has 50 states and I may link to a controversial website that happened to write a nice piece on the founding and history of each state. Does that make my article invalid? It does according to the myth huggers. If David Duke had a good accurate map of Israel on his site is it not valid because of his controversial past?
- Reason 6: Duh, it can't be true if it is not on TV! If there are real questions about 9/11 the news media would be all over it. - Nothing could be farther from the truth. The establishment media is your worst enemy. If there ever is a revolution in this nation it should start at the doors of the establishment news organizations.The media are now the keepers of reality. Did you ever wonder how every single television news organization selects and presents the same news items, in the same order, with the same amount of time dedicated to each. Yet hundreds of important news stories and issues go completely un-covered by ALL of these organizations? It is no coincidence. I teach this. I can show you how it works in one presentation, but I can not completely describe it in this article. That said, the same news media have not even kept you up-to-date about the nuclear crises facing Japan and our planet today. That's right, the worst nuclear disaster in 30 years is still underway with radiation making its way to your food supply and rain water, and your news media do not want you to know about it. So what makes you think they are going to report crimes committed by the people who own their companies? Believe me, if we had a real news media there would be no myth huggers. And if you knew the extent of the deception that is perpetrated on you by the media...there would be blood in the streets; the blood of the establishment media.
The bottom line is that myth huggers are chickens. They cling to a few points, some of which are fairly understandable and potentially correct. But they don't have proof to back up their claims in most cases, and in all cases these myth huggers can not in any way shape or form address the rest of the thousands and thousands of disturbing questions that still stand unanswered by the establishment after all of these years. So even if they actually answer a few questions and explain some things away, there are still so many questions and disturbing facts that their contribution to the discussion is worthless and changes nothing. They may take a few drops out of the bucket, but that bucket still holds quite a lot of water, to say the least.
What the 9/11 truth community wants is direct answers to their questions. Myth huggers are not qualified to answer these questions but they are more than qualified to confuse people into thinking that the questions have been answered. They have not.
Note to the myth huggers:
I have no polite way to say this but after 10 years without real answers it has to be said...I say this to the myth huggers...shut the hell up already. Nobody as asking you a damn thing. The answers should be coming from the people who originally provided the myth and to the people towards whom the evidence points...and sorry...but those people for the most part are Americans and they were running our country on September 11th 2001. If they gave us answers that made sense or matched the evidence, nobody would be asking for your two cents and in reality, nobody is. SO STOP ANSWERING, WE DON'T GIVE A DAMN WHAT YOU THINK!
Think about it.
Jesse Richard - Founder, TvNewsLIES.org