The U.S. military has launched operations to begin de-mining the Strait of Hormuz, U.S. Central Command (Centcom) said on Saturday.
Centcom said in a social media post highlighted by Defense Secretary Pete Hegseth that two Navy guided-missile destroyers began “setting conditions” for this mission on Saturday morning.
The USS Frank E. Peterson and USS Michael Murphy have previously operated in the Arabian Gulf to help clear the strait of sea mines set by Tehran, according to Centcom.
“Today, we began the process of establishing a new passage and we will share this safe pathway with the maritime industry soon to encourage the free flow of commerce,” Centcom Commander Adm. Brad Cooper said in the post.



The heavy burden the US endured to defend Israel has caused the shortage of interceptors that...
Hezbollah’s drone capabilities are limiting 80 percent of Israeli assaults on southern Lebanon, according to a...
Amid ongoing disruptions to maritime shipping in the Middle East due to the closure of the...





























