TV News LIES

Wednesday, Feb 18th

Last update09:10:23 AM GMT

You are here News Politics Deposed Maduro pleads not guilty after capture in shock US attack on Venezuela

Deposed Maduro pleads not guilty after capture in shock US attack on Venezuela

E-mail Print PDF

Maduro pleads not  guiltyThe deposed Venezuelan president Nicolás Maduro pleaded not guilty to drugs, weapons and narco-terrorism charges on Monday, two days after his capture by US special forces in an operation ordered by Donald Trump that sent shockwaves around the world.

The brevity and formality of the arraignment hearing in federal court in Manhattan – barely 30 minutes during which Maduro was asked to confirm his name and that he understood the four charges against him – belied the far-reaching consequences of the US action.

As Maduro and his wife Cilia Flores addressed the court in lower Manhattan, the UN security council held an emergency meeting just a few miles to the north, where a dozen countries condemned the US “crime of aggression” and secretary general António Guterres suggested the operation constituted a breach of international law.

Maduro, 63, insisted to federal judge Alvin Hellerstein that he was “still president of my country”, had been illegally “captured” at his Caracas home, and was “a prisoner of war”.

“I am innocent. I am not guilty. I am a decent man,” Maduro said in Spanish during repeated attempts to speak over the judge.

More...

 

 


Most Recent Related Stories...


Top DHS spokesperson who became a face of Trump immigration policy is leaving

Tricia McLaughlinTricia McLaughlin, the assistant secretary for public affairs at the Department of Homeland Security, is leaving...

Special Ed Teacher Killed In Georgia By Driver Fleeing ICE, Authorities Say

Georgiia teacher killed in car crashA special education teacher was killed in a car crash in Savannah, Ga., on Monday morning...

Trump officials sued over effort to ‘erase history and science’ in national parks

Stonewall in NYConservation and historical organizations sued the Trump administration on Tuesday over National Park Service policies that...

FBI won’t share Alex Pretti shooting evidence, Minnesota authorities say

Minnesota shootingsMinnesota law enforcement authorities have said the FBI is refusing to share any evidence on its...
 
America's # 1 Enemy
Tee Shirt
& Help Support TvNewsLIES.org!
TVNL Tee Shirt
 
TVNL TOTE BAG
Conserve our Planet
& Help Support TvNewsLIES.org!
 
Get your 9/11 & Media
Deception Dollars
& Help Support TvNewsLIES.org!
 
The Loaded Deck
The First & the Best!
The Media & Bush Admin Exposed!