TV News LIES

Thursday, Feb 19th

Last update06:05:28 AM GMT

You are here News Military Army says it will look into claims over care at base

Army says it will look into claims over care at base

E-mail Print PDF

Army says it will look into claims over care at baseFive Army generals promised a thorough investigation Tuesday into complaints that National Guard troops returning from Iraq got second-class treatment at Joint Base Lewis-McChord to make way for the base’s active-duty brigades coming home from war this summer.

The Oregon National Guard troops, who served alongside I Corps soldiers, are “our own,” said Lt. Gen. Charles Jacoby, the Lewis-McChord and I Corps commander. He said officers at every level intend to see there is no difference in their care and service.

But Jacoby also said that the generals, who included the Army’s top doctor and the vice chief of staff, met Tuesday with some Oregon soldiers “who clearly had the perception that they were not being treated the same.”

Others believed they were getting excellent care, the generals said.

Jacoby launched an investigation last week “to deal with perceptions and realities” after U.S. Sen. Ron Wyden and U.S. Rep. Kurt Schrader, both Oregon Democrats, complained to the secretary of the Army about the “unacceptable way” the Guard troops were being processed through Lewis-McChord’s medical battalion.

More...


Most Recent Related Stories...


Retired Army general predicts ‘formidable’ US military action against Iran if Trump pulls trigger

Gen. Jack KeaneRetired four-star U.S. Army Gen. Jack Keane said he believes President Trump is inching closer to...

Grand jury declines to indict Democrats asking troops to refuse illegal orders

Sen Kelly A Washington DC grand jury declined to indict six Democratic lawmakers who were denounced by...

Judge blocks Hegseth, Pentagon bid to punish Mark Kelly over ‘illegal orders’ video

Sen.Mark KellyA federal judge on Thursday blocked the Pentagon’s efforts to censure Sen. Mark Kelly and lower...

Pentagon to cut ties with Harvard over ‘wokesters ’, ending training, programs and fellowships

Hegseth The US defense secretary, Pete Hegseth, has said the Pentagon is ending all military training, fellowships...
 
America's # 1 Enemy
Tee Shirt
& Help Support TvNewsLIES.org!
TVNL Tee Shirt
 
TVNL TOTE BAG
Conserve our Planet
& Help Support TvNewsLIES.org!
 
Get your 9/11 & Media
Deception Dollars
& Help Support TvNewsLIES.org!
 
The Loaded Deck
The First & the Best!
The Media & Bush Admin Exposed!