Israel said Monday that the remains of the last hostage in Gaza had been recovered, clearing the way for the next phase of the ceasefire that stopped the Israel-Hamas war. The announcement came a day after Israel's government said the military was conducting a "large-scale operation" in a cemetery in northern Gaza to locate the remains of Ran Gvili.
The return of all remaining hostages, living or dead, has been a key part of the Gaza ceasefire's first phase, and Gvili's family had urged Israel's government not to enter the second phase until his remains were recovered and returned.
In a statement, the Israel Defense Forces said representatives had informed Gvili's family "that their loved one has been identified and is being buried."
"With this, all of the abductees have been returned from the Gaza Strip," the IDF said.
Israel and Hamas have been under pressure from ceasefire mediators, including the Trump administration, to move into the second phase of the U.S.-brokered truce, which took effect on Oct. 10.



As President Donald Trump prepares to convene the first official meeting of his speciously named Board...
Civilian casualties in Ukraine caused by Russian strikes surged by 26% in 2025, reflecting increased Russian...
Two Israeli female soldiers had to be rescued after being chased by a crowd of hundreds...





























