TV News LIES

Friday, Aug 29th

Last update02:40:35 AM GMT

You are here News International Two Israeli troops guilty of using human shield in Gaza

Two Israeli troops guilty of using human shield in Gaza

E-mail Print PDF

Israeli troops used human shieldAn Israeli military court has convicted two Israeli soldiers for using a Palestinian child as a human shield during an offensive in Gaza in 2009. The soldiers were found guilty of reckless endangerment and conduct unbecoming for forcing the nine-year-old boy to check suspected booby-traps.

It is reportedly the first such conviction in Israel - where the use of civilians as human shields is banned. The sentencing will be decided at a later date, the court said.

On Sunday, the southern command military court found the two Israeli soldiers guilty of "exceeding their authority to the point of endangering life" and conduct unbecoming in the incident in Gaza City's suburb of Tel al-Hawa on 15 January 2009.

A summary of the verdict said that - when rounding up residents of Tel al-Hawa - the soldiers came across bags in a home and ordered the Palestinian boy to search for suspected booby-traps.

"The boy, who feared for his fate and was under the stress of the situation, wet his pants," the three-judge panel wrote in the summary of the verdict. "The court has noted that, unlike the soldiers, the child was, naturally, bereft of any form of protection."

However, the court acknowledged that at the time the soldiers - whose names have not been released - had been under "difficult and dangerous conditions".

More...


Most Recent Related Stories...


European leaders outraged after Russian strikes kill 23 and damage EU's HQ

EU hq hit by RussiaThe head of the European Union's executive Commission, Ursula von der Leyen, has spoken of her...

New video reveals third strike in deadly ‘double-tap’ attack on Gaza hospital

Third strike shown on Nasser hospitalIsrael has faced global condemnation for back-to-back strikes on the biggest hospital in southern Gaza this...

Zelensky furious as Hungary hands Ukrainian drone chief entry ban

ZelenskyyThe Hungarian government has imposed a three-year entry ban to the Schengen Area on the head...

Ukraine war briefing: Zelenskyy picks Olha Stefanishyna as ambassador to US

Stfanishyna new US Ambassador from UkraineVolodymyr Zelenskyy has appointed Olha Stefanishyna, a former top cabinet minister, as Ukraine’s ambassador to the...
 
America's # 1 Enemy
Tee Shirt
& Help Support TvNewsLIES.org!
TVNL Tee Shirt
 
TVNL TOTE BAG
Conserve our Planet
& Help Support TvNewsLIES.org!
 
Get your 9/11 & Media
Deception Dollars
& Help Support TvNewsLIES.org!
 
The Loaded Deck
The First & the Best!
The Media & Bush Admin Exposed!