It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:33 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: McCain Jumping Shark, Republicans Jumping Ship
PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 10:10 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

I liked reading about the Goldwater endorsement. I like how CC laments what has happened to the true conservative aspect of the republican party. And I like this comment:
Quote:
My grandfather (Paka) would never suggest denying a woman's right to choose. My grandmother co-founded Planned Parenthood in Arizona in the 1930's, a cause my grandfather supported. I'm not sure about how he would feel about marriage rights based on same-sex orientation. I think he would feel that love and respect for ones privacy is what matters most and not the intolerance and poor judgment displayed by McCain over the years. Paka respected our civil liberties and passed on the message that that we should conduct our lives standing up for the basic freedoms we hold so dear.

I haven't used this screen name elsewhere.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 2:53 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Could Palin jump the Bad Ship McCain after (maybe even before) a possible McCain loss?

There are hints that "her camp" might suggest that McCain mishandled her in this presidential race and set her up for failure.

If it's true that she has ambition to run in 2012, then she would need to distance herself from McFuddyDuddy.

McCain adviser: Palin ‘is a diva. She takes no advice from anyone.'
Quote:
The Politico reports that tensions between the Palin and McCain camps are increasing in the waning days of the campaign. Palin reportedly “has decided increasingly to disregard the advice of the former Bush aides tasked to handle her,” blaming “her handlers for a botched rollout and a tarnished public image.” A McCain campaign source unloads on Palin in an interview with CNN:

“She is a diva. She takes no advice from anyone,” said this McCain adviser, “she does not have any relationships of trust with any of us, her family or anyone else. Also she is playing for her own future and sees herself as the next leader of the party. Remember: divas trust only unto themselves as they see themselves as the beginning and end of all wisdom.”

“I think she’d like to go more rogue,” a Republican source said of Palin.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:24 am 
Deal With It!

The GOP is already pulling the financial plug on the McCain campaign, cutting its losses, abandoning McCain, perhaps hoping to re-group for the 'future'. It's not only GOP honchos who seem inclined to cut their losses. The McCain campaign itself is 'pulling' ads in Minnesota, Colorado, Maine, Wisconsin and New Hampshire. McCain's campaign is in recession.

http://existentialistcowboy.blogspot.co ... ction.html

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 9:21 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Did Lawrence Eagleburger jump ship, or just solidify his feelings for the structure of the current republican party?

Eagleburger Blisters Palin: "Of Course" She's Not Ready
Quote:
October 31, 2008 12:39 AM

A former Republican Secretary of State and one of John McCain's most prominent supporters offered a stunningly frank and remarkably bleak assessment of Sarah Palin's capacity to handle the presidency should such a scenario arise.

Lawrence Eagleburger, who served as Secretary of State under George H.W. Bush and whose endorsement is often trumpeted by McCain, said on Thursday that the Alaska governor is not only unprepared to take over the job on a moment's notice but, even after some time in office, would only amount to an "adequate" commander in chief.

"And I devoutly hope that [she] would never be tested," he added for good measure -- referring both to Palin's policy dexterity and the idea of McCain not making it through his time in office.